
Since SBC/Yahoo is getting rid of Yahoo photos, and switching us all to Flickr, I'd had a bit of experience with this one. I had just started uploading pics to Flickr last week. I had fun creating a trading card, but since I do NOT photograph well, my library dragon had the honor instead. I enjoy the idea of students creating trading cards as a way to share info about books, explorers, famous folks, and so forth. Author trading cards might be fun, and of course, we'd need to write the author first to get permission to use an image of them. Maybe they'd even send an image we could use. We'd have to put in a note about photo used with permission of...
One thing that does concern me is opening up so much personal info to the world. I'd love to be able to use the applications that connect your phots to map locations. However, you need to have your photos published as public to use it. The photos that are being shared with friends and family can not get connected to a map.
2 comments:
Privacy is definitely an issue with many 2.0 tools and a fine line has to be walked, especially with student use.
I would be interested in knowing if you were able to implement this trading card idea. I would like to use it like you said for attractive book reviews.
Post a Comment